How to Care for Your Car’s finish from Wreck-A-Mend Auto Body and Paint
Now that you’re car has been repaired, here are some tips to help you keep it looking great.
1. It is recommended that your freshly painted vehicle be garage kept to prevent damage from tree sap and bird droppings. These substances contain acids that can damage the finish. If contact occurs, wash immediately with soap and water. This is especially important for the first few days.
2. Leaving your car out overnight allows acidic dew to sit on the top surfaces of your vehicle. A quick rinse in the morning is highly recommended to prevent damage.
3. Do not use a car cover or commercial car wash for the first 30 days after painting. Hand washing is always best to keep the finish looking new.
4. Do not polish or wax your car for 90 days after painting. Use only non-abrasive wax or polish formulated for cars every four months.
5. Avoid setting any object on your car hood or trunk lid. When objects are moved, even slightly, they will scratch the paint, leaving a mark in your new finish. Do not allow people to sit on your car exterior; clothing can scratch your paint.
6. Taking care of a car after it is freshly painted simply involves using a bit of common sense. If you wouldn’t place an object on a fine oil painting, don’t put it on your car. Don’t leave the car in parking lots parked close to other vehicles because they will ding your door paint; instead park farther away and walk a bit. Avoid leaving your car in the sun for days on end if you have a covered parking space to avoid sun damage.
Call or email Ty or Michelle 425.788.4646 or Michelle@WreckAMend.biz